<$BlogRSDUrl$>




Sunday, December 31, 2006



[Ta Kung Pao 31/12/06]

Ron Ng and Shirley Yeung Making Money in New York

Ron Ng and Shirley Yeung headed out to New York this Christmas for the first time, making some real money in a stage performance as well as being invited to be guests at a promotion for a cosmetic surgery company. As their schedule was quite tight, they headed out to the venue straight away when they arrived in the afternoon to do their final rehearsals for the performance the following day. Although this was the first time in New York for them both, the audience were very supportive and called for encore numerous times. They each performed four songs and ended on a high note as the audience screamed in support. Ron became good friends with the local choreographer as they tried out each other's skills and he has arranged to take lessons from him again in May.

After the show, the pair had an hour's spare time and Shirley immediately headed out to do some shopping, spending a five figure sum on Christmas presents for her friends and family and buying herself a pair of shoes, full of praises saying how beautiful and inexpensive they were. Ron did not buy anything and just went window shopping. After the shopping trip, it was very late and they were tired, but they decided to give up their resting time to go for a drive around the sights, heading out to Times Square and soaking in the bustling and festive atmosphere.

Both Ron and Shirley found the trip to be fulfilling and happy as they combined business with pleasure, but Shirley was a little disappointed that she was not able to see any snow. Ron has longed to go and visit New York, so his wish was fulfilled this time and more importantly he could meet with his friends there. He hopes that next time he will have more time to see the sights and go shopping.

http://www.takungpao.com.hk/news/06/12/31/UL-672603.htm



[Ta Kung Pao 31/12/06]

Alvina Kong Wants to Marry Again in Guam

"Questioning Showbiz" held auditions at Olympian City for contestants in the public game section and host Alvina Kong was joined by guest judges Tracy Ip, Heidi Chu, Kiki Lam and Charmaine Fong.

Alvina indicated that every year she likes to go away with her husband at the new year, but she will be busy filming her gameshow this year, so she will not be able to. She reveals that she will go with her husband to get 'married again' in different places and next year there is a friend who will be getting married in Guam, so they had planned to go there for their re-marriage, but she cannot fulfil this wish. She says that the end of this year has been a rewarding one for her as in addition to her quiz show, she has also been invited to film for a natural lip gloss advertisement. The product is not just for the lips as you can use it on other parts of the body. Asked where else she has used it, she says with a little embarrassment: "No, I have just used it on my lips."

Tracy has lost a lot of weight lately but she denies this is because of problems with her lovelife and points out it is all the untrue reports that are making her unhappy, but she is learning to accept this and she will just concentrate on her work and her plans to learn to sing. Also, she will be taking part in filming for "The Entire City Dances", where she will be paired with Matthew Ko. There are a lot of emotional scenes for her character and she has to cry a lot. Asked if her recent experiences have helped her performance, she admits that the rumours have made her unhappy, but she is feeling better now and she will face 2007 in happy spirits.

http://www.takungpao.com.hk/news/06/12/31/UL-672608.htm



[The Sun 31/12/06]

Charmaine Sheh & Kevin Cheng's Plans for 2007

10,9,8,7... 2007 is nearly upon us and it is time to plan our life ahead of us again. TV Queen Charmaine Sheh and TV King Kevin Cheng look back on 2006 and look forward to 2007, where they resolve to bring more fun into each month and share here their plans.

2006 was a rewarding year for Charmaine and her career has been recognised. However, on the day of the awards ceremony, her mother was rushed into hospital with internal bleeding and in a coma, making her feelings very mixed. After the sadness, she now hopes to find her true love. For Kevin, his work is going well, but he did injure himself playing tennis and he realises that everything has to be done in moderation. Looking forward to next year, he hopes that he can buy a property.

January - New Year Party Girl

Charmaine: "I will be filming a movie with Hacken Lee, where I play a very greedy Mongkok girl and I hope that this will give everyone a fresh image. This is one of my new year wishes."

Kevin: "I wish the readers good progress in the new year and good health. I will do more sport in the coming yeard and keep myself healthy."

February - Surprise Time

Charmaine: "I hope that a lover will appear for Valentines Day and I can have a day off then and make him a heart shaped steak. If there is no lover, then I will work and spend it with my colleagues."

Kevin: "Of course you have to give a surprise to the other person on Valentines Day! If you usually go out to eat, then take this chance to cook yourself and give a little surprise."

March - Big Plans for Spring

Charmaine: "In spring this year, I should be filming in Beijing, Shanghai and Ningbo, so I will be very busy. I hope that I can find candied crabapples there because they use strawberries there and they are very fragrant and leave lasting memories."

Kevin: "I have always liked to do sport, so I don't like the rain. When it is humid in spring it is very dirty and I don't like that sticky feeling. However, we have to pass through this period before we see the sunshine, so I will decide my plans for the year in spring and then work hard to achieve them."



April - Beware of Liars

Charmaine: "I think I should still be working, this time I will not waste the chance and I will eat all the delicacies in the area. I am so happy when I think about it."

Kevin: "Few people celebrate April Fools Day, but remember not to believe anyone on the 1st April! If it is a beautiful lie that makes people feel better though, then that is okay."

May - Not Working on Birthday

Charmaine: "Every year on my birthday 28th May, I only get half a day off. I hope that I can have the whole day off this year and celebrate with my friends because I like a good atmosphere."

Kevin: "I have never tried Dragon Boat Racing, so I will be getting fit in May ready for the race in June and keeping a strong body."

June - New Fashions for Summer

Charmaine: "Summer is here, so of course I have to go shopping for some new outfits. Every year I will only buy the expensive clothes that I need, so I will not spend frivolously."

Kevin: "Every year when I buy clothes, I will be asked why they all look the same and when I check in my wardrobe at home, I realised that they are! I think this year I will have to change my tastes."



July - Sunshine Sales

Charmaine: "I hope to go and visit my mother in Hawaii and have a long vacation."

Kevin: "I love sunshine and sandy beaches, sunbathing and relaxing."

August - Learning to Cook to Seek Vengeance

Charmaine: "I plan to apply to learn how to cook Western food. I remember when I was at school I came last in a dessert making competition, so I would like to win for once."

Kevin: "Last year on my birthday on 15th August, I received many presents. This year, my birthday wish will be to buy myself an apartment and be a property owner."

September - Looking for Love at Moon Festival

Charmaine: "I did not have any mooncakes last year, I hope that this year there will be someone to share a mooncake with me and then play with lanterns and enjoy the moonlight."

Kevin: "I used to have a courtyard at home, where we could sit as a family and enjoy the moon. My mother is from the North, so she makes sweet dumplings and Shanghai snacks that I miss so much."



October - Hiding for Halloween

Charmaine: "It has been a long time since I celebrated Halloween in Central. There are too many reporters there and I feel that they are ready to ambush at any time. Please don't bother me, I will hide away to celebrate quietly."

Kevin: "I remember I dressed up as Johnny Depp in Edward Scissorhands and it was really great because no-one recognised me."

November - Anniversary Pay Rise

Charmaine: "Of course I have to look my very best for the anniversary. As for winning an award, then I will leave it down to fate."

Kevin: "TVB's birthday, I hope that the quality of productions keeps going up and the ratings also keep rising, so everyone has a pay rise."

December - Christmas in Japan

Charmaine: "It has been ten years since I went on vacation at Christmas, so I hope to be in Japan for Christmas in 2007."

Kevin: "When I was young, I have written a card to Santa Claus, but I just hung it on the Christmas tree and would not send it out, but I was still very happy."

http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20061231/20061230235520_0000.html



[The Sun 31/12/06]

Myolie Wu Will Only Marry After 30

Myolie Wu's elder sister Carrie Wu married her boyfriend of one year Cheng Wing Shun yesterday and held a Western Ceremony at a church. They will choose an auspicious date later for the banquet. Myolie bought the bride a set of sexy Chinese style lingerie as a wedding gift and wishes for them to have children soon, making her parents smile widely. As one of the bridesmaids, Myolie says: "Of course all girls want to get married, but only after I am 30. I am still in my twenties now and many artistes in their 30's are still working hard at the peak of their careers. (Is Bosco Wong a likely candidate for marriage?) I don't have anyone in mind at the moment, he is my rumoured boyfriend, that means it is not true. My requirements keep changing, but the basic thing is that he can look after me."

http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20061231/20061230232650_0000.html


(File Photo)

[The Sun 31/12/06]

Selena Li Admits Being Good Friends with Patrick Tang

Rumoured couple Selena Li and Patrick Tang were spotted returning to Hong Kong together earlier and Patrick continues to deny that they are dating, just smiling: "We are very good friends. She went to Beijing to visit her family and friends and she saw me in passing. (Are you afraid of the pressure of revealing your relationship?) My priority is my work, so I don't want to talk about anything else, including romance." Selena also smiled sweetly and said: "We are good friends. It is time to work hard at the moment, so we will keep it this way for now."

http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20061231/20061230231856_0000.html


Back to top