<$BlogRSDUrl$>




Monday, August 21, 2006



[Ta Kung Pao, Wen Wei Po and The Sun 21/08/06]

After gaining 40 lbs for her role in a series, Myolie Wu has gained herself a sponsor for her to lose the weight and regain the svelte Myolie of the past. The company arranged a grand press event yesterday, preparing many gifts for the audience. Unfortunately the weather did not play along and it suddenly started raining and causing a lot of confusion that needed police intervention.

At first, the organisers had arranged for Myolie to be pulled around in a rickshaw, handing out gifts and vouchers to the public, but after the rain started everyone ran for shelter into the lobby area, this was cancelled. Some people complained that this was not very well organised because they were not able to claim their gifts even if they had been waiting in the queue. Then when the saw that there were masks being given out, they all pushed forward to grab and fight for the gifts, causing even more chaos. For Myolie, she was asked if she would like to be pulled on the rickshaw by a topless foreign model, but she declined the offer, just agreeing to be photographed with him instead.

With previous slogans associated with Myolie, such as "Losing 30 lbs in a month", "Open to the highest bidder" and "Inhumane dieting regime", she explained each one in turn, indicating that she will be losing weight through the safest methods. When MC Carlo Ng asked her if her boyfriend would agree, she immediately retorted "Who? You? Next question please." Asked why she would not answer his question, Myolie says she has a lot of boyfriends so she was just asking which one. She emphasises again that she will not respond to this type of question. As for men liking chubbier women more, Myolie agrees, but she feels that the most important thing is balance. She hopes that as well as losing 40 lbs, she can keep her breasts. She also hopes to avoid taking an slimming pills because this means her weight will not come back. As for her fee, she just smiles that it is very good. She says that this was not a commercial decision as she just wanted a regime that was right for her, because she does love to eat and she will not starve herself to get thin. Asked if she would do this again, she laughs that she is nearly 30 now, so she is not confident to try it again.

http://www.takungpao.com.hk/news/06/08/21/UL-610665.htm
http://www.wenweipo.com/news.phtml?news_id=EN0608210008&cat=011EN&PHPSESSID=eb0c7d0872ce43967f89dc601a17e0e2
http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060821/20060820233132_0000.html



[Ta Kung Pao 21/08/06]

Kevin Cheng was rehearsing yesterday for his mini concert and apart from Kevin's performance, there is also a rather impressive guest list, including rumoured girlfriend Niki Chow, Miriam Yeung, Karen Tong, Raymond Lam and Ivana Wong. He also reveals that his mentor Lau Ka Cheung will also be there.

It has been eleven years since Kevin had his own concert and he says that he is feeling nervous and excited, plus there are a lot of friends that he has not invited such as Jacky Cheung. When the press asked him why he had not invited his ex-girlfriend Linda Wang, he immediately said shyly: "I did think about it, but she has married now. Jacky has recorded a clip for me and I will play it during the show. I felt that I did not want to invite everyone in one go, because I hope to have more concerts in the future and if I include any more top guests, I won't have any time to sing myself! (Why did you invite Miriam?) I have known her for a while now after meeting her when I filmed the music video for her song."

With reports that his mentor Lau likely to be arrested by the Nationalist Party (in Taiwan), Kevin says he has heard about this, but he feels it is not his place to ask if his teacher does not want to discuss it. They have spoken on the phone recently, but only about the concert and the music. He says he is already very grateful for Teacher Lau to come and support him.

A little while later, the news broke that Lau would not be attending the concert after all and when asked about this, Kevin indicated that he had only just heard about this. "Maybe he is just busy. I will call him after the show, but I am just preparing for the show now. I don't know how he feels, but I will respect his decision and I hope he will continue to be a happy and smiling Teacher Lau."

http://www.takungpao.com.hk/news/06/08/21/UL-610663.htm



[Wen Wei Po 21/08/06]

Sharon Chan tells what she used to do in her school summer holidays...

"My summers? I think they are not so different from everyone else's, because I have always been active as a child, doing many different activities such as singing and swimming. These were my favourite summer activities, when I was a child. I used to be a member of a choir as well, so in the summer, I would take time out to practise my singing or go swimming andsunbathing on the beach to relax.

I have wanted to be a model from when I was in my teens and duirng the summer, I had some extra time to take on more modelling jobs. I am a very independent girl, so from the first pay I received, I was already contributing to the family, so right from the start, I knew how to negotiate my fees.

http://www.wenweipo.com/news.phtml?news_id=EN0608210027&cat=011EN&PHPSESSID=eb0c7d0872ce43967f89dc601a17e0e2


Back to top