<$BlogRSDUrl$>




Thursday, August 03, 2006



[Ta Kung Pao & Wen Wei Po 04/08/06]

Raymond Lam appeared as a Prince Charming at the 4th World Choir Games in Xiamen earlier for the opening and as a guest performer, singing a song entitled "Meeting in Xiamen". This contest is the biggest choir competition in the world and even Chairman Hu has sent his best wishes for the event. Raymond is honoured to be invited to take part and said happily: "I feel a great honour to have this opportunity because all the contestants are winners in their own right, so I am quite nervous."

Although there were many great singers at the competition, totalling 400 acts from 80 different countries all around the world, Raymond's performance was great too and he received rousing applause from the audience. As his song is not a pop song and is a rather classical piece, there was a level of difficulty for him, but as Raymond has studied vocal pitch and has a musical background, he even won the praise of Xiamen's mayor for his performance. When Raymond was asked if he is happy with his performance, he said modestly: "Not really, I felt that I could have been even better because I have only rehearsed it properly a few times because I have only just returned from filming in Shanghai. I really was quite nervous because as well as many professional winning singers present, I am back in my own city, so I am taking this event very seriously." As this was a live broadcast event, many people were able to tune in and watch the show, so no wonder that Raymond was quite nervous. After the performance, he breathed a huge sigh of relief.

The organisers invited Raymond to perform at this show because they liked his appearance in a special show for his former school and they felt he had a very healthy image. During rehearsals, many people asked for Raymond's autograph and to have their photographs taken. As Raymond hails from Xiamen, he felt like he was returning home with glory. Raymond's mother even made him some special soup to help keep his throat in top condition. His parents and many relatives and friends still live in Xiamen as well as many of his fans, who went to the airport to meet him and present him with flowers and gifts. Raymond could not stay for too long though as he had to return to Hong Kong to film for Lau Ka Ho's new series.

http://www.takungpao.com.hk/news/06/08/04/UL-602929.htm
http://www.wenweipo.com/news.phtml?news_id=EN0608040009&cat=011EN



[Ta Kung Pao 04/08/06]

Shirley Yeung, Irene Wang and Yoyo Chan are among the TVB artistes with August birthdays and a party was held for them yesterday. Irene's birthday is on the 26th, one day before Yoyo's which is the 27th. When Irene found out about this, she was so excited that she gave Yoyo a kiss.

The 7th August is Shirley's 28th birthday and her wish is for good health and says that the older she gets, the less she wants to mention her age. On her birthday, her fans have arranged a party for her and then she will be having a meal with her boyfriend in the evening. Asked what gift he has for her, she says: "He gives me something every year, so I don't know if he has a surprise for me this year. (What would you most like to receive?) Receiving any present will make me happy. (Do you not want a diamond ring?) He knows that I don't want it yet because I want to concentrate on my career until I am 30 years old. I will start thinking about marriage after that. (Are you not afraid of being an older mother?) It doesn't matter, science is very advanced and some people have children in their forties."

http://www.takungpao.com.hk/news/06/08/04/UL-602928.htm



[Ta Kung Pao 04/08/06]

Having gained a lot of weight for TVB's new series "Lush Fields Happy Times", Myolie Wu has gone from the slim 110 lbs to 150 lbs in weight and has become the talk of the town. Myolie has shown a great commitment to her work and as it will not be easy to lose the weight on her own, then she has signed with a slimming company to help her out.

Myolie explains that she chose this company not because they offered the highest fee, but because the company has a very healthy principle that does not require her to take any drugs. She also quashes rumours that she will have to follow an inhumane diet, saying that if she did, then she would not have enough nutrition or calories and this would be unhealthy. Her regime has not begun yet, so she does not have a meal plan yet. Talking of her forthcoming dieting regime, Myolie says: "I don't just want to be slim, I also hope that my curves will be even prettier afterwards."

http://www.takungpao.com.hk/news/06/08/04/UL-602922.htm



[Ta Kung Pao & Wen wei Po 04/08/06]

Lai Lok Yi, Kenny Wong, Johnson Lee, Elaine Yiu and Winnie Shum took part in a summer event in Foshan earlier, where the latter four performed some pop songs and Lok Yi showed off some magic tricks such as passing a knitting needle through a balloon and unlocking a big lock at the flick of a wrist. He also invited Elaine to be his beautiful assistant. Lok Yi has learned magic for several years and he daren't ease up on this performance on the mainland as he rehearsed his trick many times, resulting in success.

As "The Dance of Passion" and "Revolving Doors of Vengeance" have both been aired in Foshan, Kenny and Elaine were no strangers to the audience and Kenny says: "I never imagined that the viewers in Foshan would be so interested in my news and I am very pleased that mainland fans are so supportive." As for Elaine, she said with surprise: "I am so happy that so many fans are here to support me. They are very warm and pull me over to have photos taken and even asked for my autograph when I was in the washroom." For Johnson and Winnie, this was their first visit to Foshan, but they still had their fair share of fans, especially Winnie, who was already admired by many in her beauty contest times, so many of her fans arrived to show their support and hold up plaques, leaving her very touched.

Johnson's sitcom "Welcome to the Family" is currently airing in Foshan, so he has many fans to support him thanks to his character "Ah Meh". As Johnson sung the theme song to this show, people in the audience sung along with him. He says: "This is my first visit to Foshan and although it was a three and a half hour drive, performing in these beautiful farmhouse surroundings has provided a great weekend for me and I look forward to the next time I can come to Foshan again."

http://www.takungpao.com.hk/news/06/08/04/UL-602921.htm
http://www.wenweipo.com/news.phtml?news_id=EN0608040003&cat=011EN


Back to top